Pageants are fun. From children, through senior adults, many people just love to enter pageants. Some do it for scholarships to college, some do it to become more confident in front of others, but most just do it for fun.
It's not a cheap hobby, if you want to do it more than once or twice. Even natural pageants, that use off the rack outfits, still have fees to enter, to travel, hotels, etc.
For those who really wish to do it more often, or just get started, and are strapped for cash, here are some ideas.
1. Turn your hobby into cash.
Do you draw or paint? Have an art show and sell your art.
Do you make crafts? Sell them! Many places have craft shows, where you can sell your crafts. Even some pageants have vendors selling their items.
2. Clean out your closets!! Have a yard sale, (you can start a Facebook yard sale group, or join one) or take your gently worn clothing and shoes to consignment stores.
3. Have a skill that you can pass on? Give lessons!
4. Many people have little time these days, for many things. Babysitting, dog-sitting or dog-walking, grocery shopping, yard cleaning, show shoveling, gardening, or a host of other errands that you can charge a fee to do.
5. Run events like a car wash, bake sale (get family and friends to donate baked goods) or other events.
6. Barter with businesses. You need certain things but maybe a business won't give you cash but may barter with you for recognition.
7. Sponsors. Ask! Start a fund raiser, like on gofundme.com or a Facebook event. Ask friends and family to donate a little bit.
8. Ask the pageant if they have a sponsor letter that they can give you to show businesses. Some pageants allow you to sell ads to their programs, to businesses, and you earn part of your entry fee.
9. Recommend. Many pageants have recommendation fees. For each person you recommend, they will give you money towards your fees.
10. If you can, get a part time job.
11. If you are 18 or over, there are sites, online, where you can earn money by filling out surveys, or reading advertisements. It's not big money, but it adds up. Site like mentioned on this site, http://waystoearncashontheinternet.blogspot.com
Good luck and happy pageanting!